Happy Tuesday Friends! Nicolle here today sharing an altered mannequin. I was totally inspired by the Flying Unicorn design team. I went onto their site and wowzer the kits sell out lightening fast. So I scoured the internet to find the mannequin and was so happy I found it. It’s not often some cool ideas come to mind in this head of mine lately so I had to take advantage. This project came together quickly too. It’s not often I get a chance to alter a project. I do enjoy OTP projects but never seem to have the time. The last time I enjoyed some were last December.
I was actually inspired by one of our own chipboard steampunk dress forms that the hubs designed. I tried to mimic it as close as I could with the supplies I had on hand. I also added some of my own touches. I had to add flowers in some form or another.. 😉
First I applied black acrylic to the whole paper mache mannequin. I then sprayed some silver kyrlon webbing all over the mannequin.
I was inspired by this chippy dressform.
I started with a few different sets of our gears. I applied tim holtz brushed pewter to all of them. I then applied dusty attics rusting powder. I thought it would be a pretty cool affect.
Wing set 1 was altered with a base coat of tim holtz brushed pewter distressed stain and some black krylon webbing.
A close up of our layered gears.
I hope you like my project. Thanks for stopping by the blog!
Click the thumbnails below for a direct link to the store.
Filled Under : Nicolle Kramer DT