Halloween Wreaths

Halloween Wreaths

Happy Tuesdays friends! Okay where did the month of October go?? It went by fast for me. Nicolle here sharing a couple fun halloween wreaths. I don’t often do off the page projects but when I get bored of creating layouts I enjoy the occasional altered project. I have dabbled in many different hobbies but for last 9 years it all about scrapping. I used to cross stitch, plastic canvas pieces, quilt, crochet, knit etc.  I have  to admit it was fun creating these.

WARNING: PHOTO HEAVY POST

The first wreat was created with a metal ring, cut up white burlap pieces in the size 1.5″w  x 9″h and some fun wood veneer spiders , chipboard web corners and the creepy title piece. It took about 2 hrs to assemble the wreath by tying the burlap pieces around the metal ring. I simply altered  the wood spiders with maya gold in grey color. For the  webs I simply dabbed some TH antique linen distressed paint. I added a little black to the webs by dry brushing grey maya gold onto the webs.The title piece was altered with distressed black soot stain , grey maya gold and dry brushed gesso. I wish I had a bit more black ribbon so I could make a bigger bow. I added flowers and sprayed a little black krylon webbing to finish the wreath.

IMG_7738

 

 

IMG_7740

 

IMG_7741

 

Spider Web Corner Set Spiders Creepy

The second wreath is full of our new skeleton bones. I altered them with  with 3d stamp paint and with a black ink pad distressing the pieces around the edges. I added a few wood veneer bats that I altered with grey maya gold paint.

IMG_7731

 

I used a 12″d raffia wreath that I painted black and added some fun  yarn. The yarn have black hairy like strands that reminded me of webs.

I used 5 complete sets of bones on this wreath.

IMG_7733

 

 

IMG_7732

 

Bones

This is the smallest of the wreaths. I used an 8″ grapevine that I spray painted black. I used a bunch of different CE product on this lil wreath. A spider web corner that I altered with a base coat of black distressed stain and dry brushed gesso. I added a leftover wood spider to the web and added a gem to the center of its abdomen. The frankenstein head and hand from the monster mash set was altered with a base of modeling paste and 3 different color distress paints. Lastly I swiped my black ink pad across the pieces to enhance the texture. The berry branches were altered with gray maya gold paint for the branch, orange acrylic paint and glossy accent for  the berries and dry brushed a little gesso over for a web look. The pumpkin was altered with prima chalk edgers and dry brushed gesso. The wood veneer bats have a base coat of grey maya gold paint and gress distress stickles on top.

IMG_7734

 

IMG_7737

 

Monster Mash Set  Pumpkin Faces Going Batty

nicky

 

 

I hope you enjoyed all the fun halloween altered wreaths. Have a creative Tuesday!!

 

 

 
signature-stamp

Filled Under : Nicolle Kramer DT

3 Comments


    • Brandi Matos
    • October 31, 2014
    • Reply
    • Cancel Reply

    These are all so very AWESOME!!!!! Great job with the chippies on these :-)

  • Wow! These are all amazing! You are so talented!

  • Woowzer, these are such incredibly fun wreaths!! Love Mr. Bones!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.